Future without road trauma
Find out how your input and ideas can help to develop a practical, clear plan to guide how we make NSW roads safer.
Focus on saving lives
A new road safety plan is being developed to help meet the Road Safety Strategy 2012-2021 targets for reducing deaths and serious injuries on NSW roads.
The Road Safety Plan 2021 will also position NSW to work towards a longer-term aspirational goal of a zero road toll to support the Future Transport strategy, which is being developed this year to establish a 40-year vision for transport in NSW.
Development of the Road Safety Plan 2021 will draw on:
- An examination of crash information to understand the factors involved in crashes in NSW
- Evidence from Australia and worldwide about what has been proven to be effective in saving lives and reducing serious injuries
- Feedback from stakeholders and the NSW community through a statewide consultation program.
Stakeholder and community forums
Eight two-hour forums will be held for stakeholders and community members. Register to attend a forum by clicking on the link below:
- Wagga Wagga (was held on 10 May)
- Dubbo (was held on 15 May)
- Wollongong (was held on 17 May)
- Parramatta (was held on 18 May)
- Sydney CBD (was held on 23 May)
- Newcastle: 5-7pm on 24 May
- Scone: 5-7pm on 29 May
- Coffs Harbour: 5-7pm on 31 May.
Have your say online
By taking part in our online survey you can tell us what you think is most important to improve safety on our roads. The survey takes about 20 minutes to complete and is open until 9 June.
Reports from our Countermeasure Workshops contain detailed trauma data across different road safety categories:
- Speed related (PDF, 287Kb)
- Pedal cyclists (PDF, 282Kb)
- Pedestrians (PDF, 409Kb)
- Motorcyclists (PDF, 404Kb)
- Heavy vehicles (PDF, 302Kb)
- Younger drivers (PDF, 240Kb)
- Older drivers (PDF, 263Kb)
- Fatigued and distracted driving (PDF, 385Kb)
- Drink driving (PDF, 290Kb)
- Drug driving (PDF, 217Kb)
- Roads, roadsides and speeds (PDF, 274Kb)
- Vehicles and technology (PDF, 297Kb)
Our Road Safety Plan development (PDF, 2.7Mb) provides an overview of road trauma in NSW, what's been proven to save lives and an outline of our consultation plans.
You can find more statistics and trends in our Road Trauma Overview reports for different regions across NSW:
- South West Region (PDF, 2.4Mb)
- Western Region (PDF, 3.4Mb)
- Southern Region (PDF, 3.4Mb)
- Sydney Region, South and West Precincts (PDF, 3.5Mb)
- Sydney Region (PDF, 3.4Mb)
Email the Centre for Road Safety at email@example.com
Follow us on the NSW Road Safety Facebook page for news and updates.