Your questions and comments
We fund road safety programs and develop road safety policy for NSW. Our main responsibilities are to:
- Identify road crash trends
- Test new road safety technologies
- Develop standards to make vehicles, road design and protective equipment safer
- Ensure that road rules reflect best safety practice for road users
- Educate the NSW community about road safety issues
- Select speed camera sites
- Develop policies to ensure the safety of all NSW road users.
If you have a question or wish to make a comment about these issues, please use this form.
To suggest the location of a speed camera or comment on speed limits, please visit the Safer Roads NSW website.
Schools, local government and community organisations can order road safety products from our online catalogue.
We work with other government agencies including Roads and Maritime, the NSW Police Force and local councils. These agencies deliver programs and services related to NSW road safety policy.
Roads and Maritime
Visit the Roads and Maritime website or phone the RMS contact centre on 13 22 13 for advice on:
- Reporting unsafe road sites
- The operation of speed cameras
- Safer Drivers Course for learners
- Motorcycle rider training courses
- Speed zone audits
- Current road rules
- The Demerit Points system and other penalties related to road rules
Fines and penalties
If you have received a penalty notice, you can review your options on the Revenue NSW website or phone 1300 138 118. You can also contact the office if you suspect you have been fined, or photographed when a red light speed camera flashed.
The NSW Police Force
If you have a general police enquiry or wish to report a crime, please phone the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.