Round Eight grants are now closed
Applications for Round Eight of the Community Road Safety Grants Program closed at 4pm on Tuesday 20 September 2022. An announcement on successful applicants is expected in late November 2022.
Round Nine grants will open in August 2023.
About the grants
The grants program aims to provide community groups across NSW with the opportunity to implement small scale, local projects within their communities that align with the 2026 Road Safety Action Plan. The projects will help increase road safety awareness and understanding and support safer road use through education about safer behaviours that reduce road trauma.
About your project
We are looking for local projects that align with the Safe System approach to improving road safety. The Safe System approach is recognised worldwide as a holistic view of the road transport system and how its key parts work together to keep road users safe.
What funding is available?
There are two categories of grants available.
|$5,000 category||$30,000 category|
|Grants up to $5,000 are available for local community road safety projects. Projects in this category aim to increase road safety awareness in specific community groups or locations.||A limited number of $30,000 road safety grants are also available. This category applies to more significant projects that involve a broader reach within the community.|
Who can apply?
Transport for NSW will only fund NSW community-based and charity/not-for-profit organisations, including:
- Incorporated community associations
- Community trusts
- Registered not-for-profits/charities
- Social enterprises.
Who can’t apply?
Transport for NSW will not fund the following:
- Private businesses
- Research organisations
- Government organisations
- Local councils (TfNSW funds the Local Government Road Safety Program)
- Schools and early childhood services (TfNSW funds the Road Safety Education Program to support schools and early childhood services)
- Projects or organisations that already receive funding or sponsorship from TfNSW
- Organisations that present road safety programs directly to school students or children in early childhood services (TfNSW funds the Road Safety Education Program to support schools and early childhood services)
How do I apply?
Applications will only be accepted via the SmartyGrants portal. This will be live in August 2023.
Who can help?
If you are unsure if you are eligible to apply for a grant, or have any questions, please email us at email@example.com
You can also call and leave a message on (02) 8265 7372 and we will be in touch.