Positive impact benefits community
The NSW Auditor-General's audit of the state's speed cameras found that they change driver behaviour and improve road safety. One recommendation of the audit was to develop a speed camera strategy.
The NSW Speed Camera Strategy (PDF 600kB) makes sure that speed cameras benefit all road users. The strategy outlines:
- The impact of speeding on the community
- How sites are selected for the four types of speed cameras used in NSW
- How speed camera performance is monitored and reported to the community
- How we will improve speed camera signs
- That revenue collected from speed cameras funds road safety measures through the Community Road Safety Fund
Our Speed cameras section has information on all speed cameras in NSW.
The Safer Roads NSW website lets you say where you think speed cameras should be installed.