Positive impact benefits community
The NSW Auditor-General's audit of the state's speed cameras found that they change driver behaviour and improve road safety. One recommendation of the audit was to develop a speed camera strategy.
The NSW Speed Camera Strategy (PDF 600kB) makes sure that speed cameras benefit all road users. The strategy outlines:
- The impact of speeding on the community
- How sites are selected for the four types of speed cameras used in NSW
- How speed camera performance is monitored and reported to the community
- How we will improve speed camera signs
- That revenue collected from speed cameras funds road safety measures through the Community Road Safety Fund
Our Speed cameras section has information on all speed cameras in NSW.