The Centre for Road Safety has some of the most extensive road safety information in the world. The delivery of high quality research and evaluation reports continues to support safety improvements on NSW roads.
A Safe System approach is central to moving Towards Zero fatalities and serious injuries on our roads. The four elements of the Safe System are safer people, safer roads, safer speeds and safer vehicles. By improving the safety of all parts of the system, if one element fails, then the other three will protect people from being killed or seriously injured.
- Mandatory Alcohol Interlock Summary Report (PDF, 946Kb)
- Older Driver Licensing System Evaluation (PDF, 472Kb)
- Older Driver Safety and Mobility Review (PDF, 376Kb)
- Safer Drivers Course Evaluation - Summary Report (PDF, 672Kb)
- Shared Paths - Research Findings (PDF, 122K)
- Australian Graduated Licensing Scheme policy framework (PDF, 381Kb)
- Trial of Minimum Passing Distance Rule for drivers passing cyclists (PDF, 276Kb)
- Evaluation of Permanent 40km/h Speed Limits (PDF, 472Kb)
- Evaluation of the trial of 40km/h speed limit around stationary emergency vehicles (PDF, 137Kb)
- Evaluation of 40 km/h Speed Limits (Martin Small Consulting, PDF, 3.2Mb)