To better understand road safety issues and trends, our road crash data is presented via interactive reports. These reports provide evidence for organisations, researchers and the general public to help with the development of education resources, research and road safety programs and initiatives.
Crash and casualty statistics - NSW general view
These reports provide information on casualties and crashes in NSW over a five-year period.
- Road users by gender or region
- Road users by behavioural factors in crashes
- Crashes by type and region
- Crashes by weather, natural lighting or road surface
- Fatality trends by gender, road user or region
- Injury trends by gender, road user or region
- Road users by local government area of crash
- People in crashes by local government area
Crash and casualty statistics - Serious injuries view
These displays have road crash data on serious injuries that are matched from police reports to hospital and/or Lifetime Care records, as well as unmatched serious injuries, for hospital stays where a police report could not be matched. See more details in how to use this information.
Crash and casualty statistics - LGA view
These reports allow you to analyse road trauma characteristics and trends by Local Government Areas.
Internet Explorer versions 7 and 8 do not correctly display all data fields. We recommend that current browsers be used to view our data displays.
Many of these interactive displays do not comply with WCAG 2.0. If you wish to access this information, please tell us by using our Contact us form and we will respond to your enquiry within 10 working days.