Our road to zero
Every life matters and that is why our goal is to create a safe transport system where no one is killed or seriously injured.
The 2026 Road Safety Action Plan, launched in April 2022, will build on the effective road safety initiatives already delivered through the Road Safety Plan 2021.
Our 2026 Plan includes new targets to halve road deaths and reduce serious injuries by 30 per cent by 2030. It is based on the proven Safe Systems approach to road safety, so that initiatives to deliver safer roads, speeds, people and vehicles work together to keep us protected.
The plan will deliver on five priority areas:
- Creating safer country roads and urban places
- Enhancing road safety in local communities
- Increasing the safety of light vehicles, heavy vehicles and protective equipment
- Making safer choices on our roads
- Ensuring the safety of vulnerable and other at-risk road users.
Download the 2026 Road Safety Action Plan (PDF, 2.6MB).
You can also follow us on the NSW Road Safety Facebook page for news and updates.