Attention: NSW Caretaker Period has commenced. The caretaker period for the NSW Election commenced on 3 March 2023.  Accordingly, no ministerial press releases or related information issued by the Government from this date will be available on this website.   For copies of recently issued ministerial press releases or information on the election policies of any political party as they relate to this department/agency or its portfolio area, please go directly to the website of the relevant political party.

Centre for Road Safety

Other ways to get around

Whether you’ve handed in your licence or are thinking about giving up driving, there are other ways to stay mobile and independent.

Public transport

If you have a NSW Seniors Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Health Card, you can apply for a Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card offering unlimited travel throughout the Opal network capped at $2.50 per day.

Visit the Opal card website for more details about the Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal card,  or call 13 67 25.

Visit the Transport Info website for information about public transport timetables, fares and accessibility, or call 131 500.


People with limited mobility may be eligible for discounted taxi fare vouchers. These can reduce travel costs by up to 50 per cent. The vouchers are provided under the Transport for NSW Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme.

Visit the Transport Info website for details or call 1800 623 724.

Community transport

Community transport services are available throughout NSW. They provide access to recreation, shopping, medical and government services.

Visit the Transport for NSW website for details of services available in your area or call 131 500.

Local bus services

In many regional regional areas, local clubs and councils provide free or low-cost local bus services. To find out more, call your local club or council or check their websites.